FATCA Reportable Persons
Taking into consideration the newly proposed U.S. Regulations all Foreign Financial Institutions (“FFIs”) will need to comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”). In accordance to FATCA we as an FFI are required to disclose information in relation to our US reportable persons.
All US reportable persons will need to notify the FFI accordingly, so as to be able to comply with the FATCA regulations.
Definition of US reportable person:
- A U.S. citizen (including dual citizen)
- A U.S. resident alien for tax purposes
- A domestic partnership
- A domestic corporation
- Any estate other than a foreign estate
Any trust if:
- A court within the United States is able to exercise primary supervision over the administration of the trust, and
- One or more United States persons have the authority to control all substantial decisions of the trust
- Any other person that is not a foreign person.
Please go through the declaration below to provide your agreement or not:
- I am not a U.S. citizen (including dual citizen) or resident
- My birthplace is not in the U.S.
- I do not have a current U.S. mailing or residence address (including a U.S. post office box or U.S. “in-care-of” address)
- I do not have a current U.S. telephone number
- I do not have standing instructions to transfer funds to an account maintained in the United States
- I do not have currently effective power of attorney or signatory authority granted to a person with a U.S. address
- I do not have an “in-care-of” or “hold mail” address that is the sole address for the Account Holder. The Investor needs to note that in the case of a Pre-existing Individual Account that is a Lower Value Account, an “in-care-of” address outside the United States is not to be treated as U.S. indicia.
- I do not possess a U.S. TIN (hereafter “Tax Identification Number”).
In case you are in agreement with the above declaration, thank you for your time and assistance in this process, you are now one step closer to proceeding in trading with our Company.